Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happenings... and a good laugh

Sooo.. now that I'm back to work I don't take nearly as many pictures! It makes me sad! So instead I'll group some of what I do take into one post.

However, by going back to work I now have no excuse but to work out, since I have a gym membership to a gym about a mile away from my work I go at lunch. Last week Rob and I got the Wii game Active.. it is SWEET!! Rob and I did a "friend" workout, where you compete against each other and push each other to work harder, and boy are we competitive! haha! I will not be surprised if the floor of our family room caves in some day while we are doing this! Not only have we been doing the Active game, but I have also started the 'Turbulence Training' Program.. I highly recommend it, I am only on day #3, but I love it so far! (PS. I've dusted off the erg!! when I have errands to run at lunch I actually work out at home! No more excuses!) We are on week #3 of a weight loss contest at work, so far I am down 6 pounds with a goal of 17.. which would put me lighter than I was since before college.. hmmm.. we'll see! but I'm looking forward to losing the spare tire I've developed! Each kid has added some air, so I'm sure it will take some time to deflate!
So with the Wii game came a resistance band.. here is Cole showing off his moves! This scrawny little man however needs no weights, he is deceivingly strong, honestly he might be as strong as Caden!


The boys help Daddy make pancakes!
Sunday Rob had a softball game, at last he had a game during hours in which I could take the kids to watch! normally they are at bedtime or after... After about 45 minutes when the kids started throwing rocks we decided it was time to head to the playground which is right next to the ball field. The kids burned off a lot of energy while Cora fell asleep while we swung together. The playground was empty, but a boy came along and followed Caden across a balance beam type thing. Caden and I had this conversation:
Caden:"Mommy I showed that fat boy how to cross this bridge"
Me: "Caden we don't say that, it is not nice to talk about people's weight"
Caden: "I know Mommy"
Me: "Okay, Thank you"
Caden: "But Mommy..."
Me: "Yes?"
Caden: "He is fat"
Me: (silently in my head and maybe a little bit aloud) "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" dropped the subject
At the ball field I think Caden picked every "golden rod" there was... When he asked me what they were I told him weeds, he said no they are flowers, so I said maybe they were golden rods even though I don't actually think they were since they were not rod-like.. but he was quite satisfied with that answer!
After Rob's game we lit up the firepit and made some s'mores, then did some 3' long sparklers! and a fireworks fountain... a great end to the weekend!

Cole's s'more minus the marshmallow.. he didn't want to wait.

Cora's first 'mallow roast!

Mmm.. ooey gooey s'mores! Perfect!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So fun! I can't believe we only live across the street from you guys...it feels like we haven't seen you in weeks and weeks! I am having Rogers family withdrawl! : )