Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feast!

Today Caden had his Thanks'giving Feast at Preschool. At the beginning of the month the kids had to draw a "ticket" to decide whether they would dress like a Pilgrim or an Indian. As you can see we have a young Pilgrim here! And so happy! He also got to draw a "ticket" telling us what we had to make for said feast... hopefully this does not depict his luck for the future... or maybe it is my luck! But we got to make mince pie! I decided on a tart form so it would be easier to divy out, and a whole piece wouldn't be wasted should anyone not like it (who could imagine!) Caden helped me last night to make them. Below is a picture of what we were going for, they looked almost as good. They are made in the mini muffin tins, and we came to the star part and I wondered how I was going to get a star that small... I had a genius moment... Playdough tools!! Sweet! There was a star cut-out just the right size! Although it was a bit smaller than the one pictured below. So anyway, that is a tip for anyone out there who needs small cookie cutters in a pinch! I let Caden try one this morning after I convinced him that they were going to be delicious (he had overheard Rob and I complaining about having the worst pick ever!) He bit in willingly and even took a second bite before telling me "Mommy, these are NOT delicious!" He plucked the star crust off the top and we threw the rest away. However, I have been informed by Kim that Cole has been eating up all the extras sent home! Thanks Kim for the great photos!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so adorable and quite happy to be a pilgrim, I might add! : ) Nice job on the pies- Gold star for presentation! : )

Lisa said...

Those aren't mine though!! It's the picture from the recipe!! I'd like to think mine looked like that!