Sunday, November 16, 2008

Caiforn-I-A

This past week I had to travel for work to see an animal study.. rats. My friend 'T' and I were travel buddies! After the study was finished we had some extra time, especially because it took much less time than they had expected. Meanwhile back at the ranch Rob played SuperDad! He and the kids had what sounds like a great time, and they behaved like angels!Perhaps I'm the problem?!! Too bad.. I don't want to ever go away again! Here are some pictures of our time there!


We had lunch at the Wilshire Hotel.. $24 for a burger?! Best salad I've ever had.. I even ate the tomatoes! (I do NOT like tomatoes at all!)

The view looking down Rodeo Drive

Birds of Paradise (?) were everywhere.. here they were lining the street, making a much nicer view!

Where the Academy Awards originated?

The view down a residential street

Interesting zoo-scape in someone's front yard.. fitting because the next day we went to the zoo!

Who wouldn't have sweet dreams on these pillows?!
Wednesday we drove down to the San Diego Zoo.. what a beautiful place! Luckily we had our walking shoes on, as it is very hilly! Some day it would be nice to take the kids here, as it is definatley superior to any of the zoos I've been to around here! Here is a slide show of the animals we saw.




And before the trip ended we had enough time to meet up with Cousin Dan and Nicole in downtown SanDiego for some midafternoon dinner? lunch? what was that?! other than a terrific way to end a business trip?! The drive back to LA took less time than expected thankfully.. with zero traffic. The flight home unfortunately took exactly how long they said it would... far too long in those uncomfy seats!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Rollin' with the homies...

Look at you- such the rock star off in CA! : )

Kelly