Sunday, December 11, 2011

Trimming the Tree 2011

The Sunday after Thanksgiving we ventured off to go cut down our tagged tree.  The cutting was rather uneventful much to my dismay!   None of the kids wanted to help cut!  I am the one who insisted we cut one ourselves, and now I question why we didn't just go pick out a pre-cut one right in town... but at least we know it is fresh!

The kids did enjoy helping to roll it back to the car at least.

Ta-da!  Ready to bring the beauty home!

And look who arrived!! Clinging on for dear life!  'Jingles' our elf!  (Formerly Star-Feather... Rob and I decided he needed a new name so that night we came up with Jingles)

More on Jingles and his landing spots later :)

My favorite part of decorating the tree is when the kids open their ornament box and go through them figuring out who's is who's.  I am so happy they love their ornaments as much as I do!  I can tell you where every ornament on our tree came from and why.. and many of them are hand-made by my Mom and I, we used to pick an ornament each year and make a bunch to give away, I need to start doing that with the kids since that is a big memory I have (Mom do you remember the year of the red bells and white doves for our own tree?!  ugh!)


Caden moves into position before I can get in!

Cora loves her babies!! This was the perfect ornament for her last year!

The kids were fully into decorating this year!  Down to the last ornament.  In the past they would drop off after a few.  We rocked around the Christmas tree and decorated the whole thing.

Putting the star on was a job for Rob since it was super close to the ceiling.. but the kids helped straighten it.



Cora also decorated herself...


Caden then wanted pictures in front of the tree.. that is when the sillies began!  It was a fun night!





4 comments:

Auntie JoJo said...

How cute!! I can,t believe how long Cora's hair is since the christening!

Muffiemom said...

Yes I do remember the doves & bells. I still have some - would you like them? Every year I intend to toss them out but here they stay. Maybe it's the memories that makes me keep them. Looks like it was a fun night decorating. Next year the 3 C's can decorate ours. There is no telling where Jingles will turn up huh!

Kelly said...

I'm back to blogging! Yay!!

Is Cole wearing a collared shirt on a day off? That is my kind of guy! Go Cole! Although that last picture of him shirtless is quite hilarious!

Aunt Dorothy said...

Cora's hair! She looks so grown up. And that's my god-son, naked of course. Love your kids!