Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekend as a Single Mom...

Yes!  I will do this!  I am only two months behind!  Could be worse right?!  Thankfully, once I started getting really behind I stopped taking as many photos knowing that I would eventually have to do something with them!  Must be some sort of survival instinct!

Anyway.. Rob was off on his annual man-cation with his BU rowing friends... boy would I have liked to be a fly on a wall in Denver! They are so silly when they all get together.

The fun began on Thursday night when Rob had a softball game, so Kelly and I took the five kids to Kids Night which kicks off Londonderry's Old Home Days activities!  Another thing about being a single Mom is that you are also the only pack mule, so carrying every one's things and corralling them constantly also puts a damper on photo taking!


Did I mention I got to hold the three kids balloon items while they went in the bounce houses? carrying around 2 swords, a butterfly and three pairs of shoes and a backpack = no photos!

I ran out of money... so Kelly took the kids on the train! Next year I'll be better prepared!


Friday was the last day of British Soccer Camp!  It is a very well run camp that comes to town each year.  well worth it! I only got to watch the last day of camp.. and I was shutling back and forth to home for swim lessons for the other two.. and once back on the field we shuttled back and forth to the port-a-potty which was literally 200 yards away from where they were playing.. not sure why it was so far away.. but it was very inconvenient! Needless to say... again, no plethera of photos!


At the end of each day they play a 'World Cup' Tournament.  Caden was on the Argentina team.. and they won the cup!  You can see the camp director on the left.. clearly from Scotland!  He was hilarious!

After camp we went to Caden's Elementary School where they posted the classroom assignments!  It was very exciting getting to see who Caden's teacher was going to be and if he knew anyone in his class!

Friday night was Old Home Days Fireworks!  Pizza and cheesy bread for the road!

Cora and Charlotte walked around hooked together by glow necklaces all night!


No room for the tripod in the wagon, this was not my opportunity to practice fun fireworks pictures!


Saturday morning we trekked ourselves to the parade!  Luckily with the removal of a side, the wagon acted perfectly as a bench!

Cora was a little apprehensive with the noise of the bagpipes, cannons, fire engines, etc.  You can see she doesn't know whether to clap or close up her hands to cover her ears!

The ears won!


After the parade we ventured to the town common where vendors are set up and you can get 'free stuff'! play games, and do other fun activites. 

Sunday my Mom, my savior :) came to watch the kids while Kelly and I went in to Boston for a photo walk in Back Bay! (her birthday treat!)  Super fun to just go off in dtake photos without worrying if you are holding anyone up!  They offer other walks in other areas of the city as well.. I am sure Beacon Hill has some great shots!  But here a couple of my favorites from our day.





1 comment:

Kelly said...

Aw, memories! I am glad you are sticking to updating everything. I get to relive it all again! :) Thanks again for the photowalk... it was awesome!! Me, my camera, and a friend..that's all I need to get away and destress!! :)