Sunday, May 13, 2012

America's Stonehenge...

A few weekends ago we visited America's Stonehenge in Salem, NH... I have never been to the real Stonehenge, but I don't think this really compared.  I took a few photos of the main area where most of the stone structure was, but I am not sure what happened to the pictures since I can't find them now!

Anyway I find it interesting that this day was the day of Cole.. it appears all the pictures are of him!   He wanted his picture taken with everything. 

It was a nice walk anyway.  We went because I had bought a Groupon-type deal, so admission was half price.  I don't think I would recommend going at full price, unless you are interested in this type of thing or your kids are older.  Although Caden did enjoy the map they gave us.  Each site was labeled and he wanted to know the details of each one.  Cole and Cora just liked climbing on the big rocks and walking in the woods.  It was a beautiful day out and the structures were pretty impressive as an adult.




We found these scattered about the trails.  The day we went they were holding some sort of gathering where people had to bring biodegradable decorations.





Me and my crazy kids!


Rob and his mini-me.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It really is uncanny how much Cole and Rob look alike!

I went to this place a couple times as a kid (but was older than Caden); it's pretty cool- especially the sacrifice table! :)