Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cora's Third Birth-DAY!

Good Morning Birthday Girl!!  Cora was the definition of an excited birthday girl!  It was so fun to watch.. she just gobbled up the attention from everyone!

Can you guess what she got?!

I guess after all the hard work (which explains my blogging absence) I didn't even really take a picture of it!  Cora's "Dollie house" has she refers to it as came in a box full of pieces.. I am not sure what possessed me to want to build her dollhouse myself.  I though it would be fun to build it and then decorate it with her with fun papers and flooring... Once I finally finish it I might agree with my previous thoughts :) but wow.. this was a lot more work than I thought!  I still need to install the windows and doors.. paint and cut the trim work and shingle the roof!  oh yeah and paint and assemble the porch railings. I've been doing more work on this house than our own!! And all huddled in the cold basement to hide it from Cora.

I am not sure what took me so long, but this is the first time I have had the kids pick their own presents for each other.  I always run out of time and just wrap something and put their name on it... but the boys were so proud of the items they chose for Cora.. things for her dollhouse of course! 

I am... three?!  Ya... holding three fingers up probably is the most difficult of the ages.

We dropped Cole off at preschool and set off to have our nails done!  Cora obviously picked purple, her favorite color.  It took a little bit of convincing, but we finally got her to sit in the chair and get her feet in the water.. look at those big feet!  I should mention that her and Cole can wear the same size now... my girl is going to be tall! 

All smiles!

And watching intently.  She sat so still the whole time and paid close attention.  I expect she'll be offering me pedicures soon!

The birthday girl also got to have her nails done...  I don't bother with mine since I did not get the good nails genes.. they just break no matter how hard I try!  Cora kept looking over at me and smiling.. but never taking her eye off of my nail technician.  I guess she looked suspect!


Wearing her brother's flip flops.. skulls.. the new princess!
Under the dryers!

Impatiently checking if they are dry yet.

Please can we be done?

Sitting pretty with her new paint job!

The final products!  Gray for me!  I love it! and yes.. my middle toes are randomly the shortest :)

Lucky Cora even got flowers!  The women at the nail salon loved her!

My pretty girl!  When did you get so big!  Please stay our sweet little girl forever!

Starting to get a bit tired from the birthday excitement...

Nothing a birthday lunch couldn't fix! We picked Cole up from school and headed up to Manchester to Ignite for lunch.  I told the kids they could have Shirley temples as a birthday treat.. but they would have nothing of the sort!  Cole insisted on lemonade, and Cora wanted chocolate milk.. OK FINE!  as a side note I got Mac 'n cheese with steak tips!! a heavenly combination :) 

I am not a total dork and didn't actually realize we matched until after we were out and about!

We made chocolate chip cookie "cake" with yummy Pinterest swirled frosting.. seriously I blame Pinterest any weight I have gained recently!

So in love with her birthday! (disclaimer.. I paid extra for a "special" filter to reduce light flare... clearly I got ripped off, none of my other cheap-O filters do this!)


Up close and personal to the fun rainbow swirls!

Daddy's Girl!

These two... this picture says a lot about their relationship.

Like I said Cora gobbled up all the attention.. birthday phone calls and skype-ing with Dundore and Poobah.. but she would always tell the other person "Happy Birthday!"  At one point she was carrying around the phone saying that she had to call Grammy so she could tell her Happy Birthday.. you can only imagine my amazement when literally 30 seconds later my Mom called to do just that! Sometimes I think she's a bit psychic.

The boys ask us if they can play with the dollhouse too.. this is what you get when boys play.. people on the roof... they "love" using it as a slide apparently.

Dogs attacking...

And this evening we had the dolls falling down the stairs and breaking their legs.  Also a burglar breaking in the window.. oh.. and Caden also really enjoys "ripping his beyblade" in the doll house... boys!

Clearly Cora takes after her Grammy here... "vacuuming" the walls of the house.  unfortunately I also did not inherit the clean genes.


Measuring time...

Seriously?!  4 inches in one year?!  What have we been feeding this girl?!  Thursday we go for her 3 year wellness visit.. stay tuned for all of Cora's factoids!

Happy Birthday to the Sweetest Little Girl in the world! at least our world :)

2 comments:

Muffiemom said...

What a happy girl. Hope she continues to be that way. Sounds like she had a fun filled day!
Seriously--4" in one year. The gap was even between all 3 kids but, over the last 6 months or so Cora has been closing in on Cole.
I wonder if some day you will be looking up to her!!

Kelly said...

Can Brendan take her to Disney? She meets the 40 inch height requirement for rides that Brendan so desperately wants Charlotte to meet (but is shy of an inch). Love the pic of Cora with her hands on her cheeks- that is adorable!