Monday, August 2, 2010

Swimming Hole


Two whole weekends ago we met the Fraenza's at the Leominster State Forest.  We wanted to meet equidistant apart at the beach.. but since equidistant is Boston, it's a bit hard to find a good beach that is easy to get to! So we opted for freshwater, with the option of hiking trails in case it was too cold to swim.  The day turned out to be perfect for swimming!  So after utilizing the parks grills for lunch we dipped our toes and other body parts into the water.

It's nice that the boys each have a buddy.. Cora will force her way into either of their pow-wows... she'll be bossing all of them around in no time!

Cole is definitely our goof.. although Cora follows at a close second.

Caden and Maya were little fishies in the pond, we barely heard a peep out of them.

Cora was only content in the shallow water for a mere seconds before she was venturing farther in.

Quick stop for a group picture, surprisingly we can see all their faces!


These two pictures are funny because in the 1st  Cora was squawking to Devon about who knows what!  In the second I just smile everytime I see Devon's plumber's crack! It was better, but I didn't catch it in time.

The bucket club.. Cole could've lugged water all day long.

Oh, like father like son!  The funniest part is that Maya could have cared less!

Here Cora drags me out with her because she wants to play with the big kids...

... She was pushing my hands away and didn't want me to help her.. If she toppled over she would have been done for so I had to scoop her up and bring her to shore...

... Cora was NOT happy!  She absolutely loves the water, and I swear she is more buoyant than the boys were, sometimes I wonder if she'd stay above water if I did let go.. but I don't dare try for fear of traumatizing her.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That last picture is priceless. You should absolutely frame it and put it above your mantel. Absolutely perfect. :) Good capture Rob! :)